2018-04-26-CR Meeting Minutes

Home Forums Meeting Minutes 2018-04-26-CR Meeting Minutes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  commonrootadmin 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #3304

    commonrootadmin
    Keymaster

    Common Root meeting notes April 26, 2018

    AGENDA:
    —Mini Do – Hopefully buttons, but there will probably be mini labels to cut out.
    —Finance Report – Andira – 2 minutes
    —Pass around June cal – Lacey – 2 minutes
    —Give to Lincoln GAY – participation – Lacey – 10 minutes
    —Facebook – Bob – 10 minutes – CR is facebook-heavy in it’s presence and promotions. Does CR need to be worried about facebook’s future? Use other social media, online event calendars more or ?
    —Website content – Lacey – 10 minutes
    BREAK
    —New Space Vote – Bob – 15 minutes – Should Common Root move to the Nonprofit Hub/Foundry at 211 N. 14th Street?
    —Medicade expansion handouts – Free Sat – Lacey – 5 minutes
    —Set Agenda May 10th mtg – All – 5 minutes

    Moderator: Lacey
    Co-Moderator: Erica
    Note Taker: Larry

    Also attending: Andira, Mikayla, Weston, Mike Bo.

    —Mini Do – Hopefully buttons, but there will probably be mini labels to cut out.
    Many mini labels, order from KZUM, 100 buttons.

    —Finance Report – Andira – 2 minutes
    $6,325.49 Yah! Hurrah!

    —Pass around June cal – Lacey – 2 minutes

    —Give to Lincoln GAY – participation – Lacey – 10 minutes
    On Thursday May 31st, at Cornhusker Marriot.
    Not sure we want to be involved, no response on exact pricing. We ended up losing money last year. Outlink is a valuable association for us. Sponsoring Queerfest, etc. We woud like to keep a good relationship with them. We may need to figure on how much we are comfortable to offer?
    Vote to try to attend – all aye
    Amount to propose? Andira -$150, Weston – ask them? Already did.
    $150 All aye.

    —Facebook – Bob – 10 minutes – CR is facebook-heavy in it’s presence and promotions.
    Does CR need to be worried about facebook’s future? Use other social media, online event calendars more or ? Mostly Tabled for next meeting.
    Need to find out how to invite people outside the group the event is created in. Looking into more control/how things work. Weston brought up getting multiple social media outlets.
    Pinterest, youtube were mentioned.

    —Website content – Lacey – 10 minutes
    We need text to fill in some of our new web pages. So start writing people.
    Top priorities: the HTML seems to be all one line. Toby has offered to call her, but Lacey is working with Stacey. But the going is slow. When the new website is done, we will have full/redundant control over our site. Stacey is mostly getting text files from Lacey to put into the new pages. We want the old pages to redirect to the new pages.

    BREAK

    —New Space Vote – Bob – 15 minutes – Should Common Root move to the Nonprofit Hub/Foundry at 211 N. 14th Street?
    $280/month, month to month lease. (Cube spot.) 500 color prints. 1 key card.
    After hours is 5 or 6. Also weekends. Can get it unlocked for the start of our meetings.
    What to do with our library? Could pare it down to what could fit into our cube. Also possibly a book cart that could be stored.
    Screens for movies/presentations. Available in conference rooms.

    Regardless, we will have to pare down much more than we have already.
    Scott pre-voted no. Can’t expand from there. Wanted to check our previous priority list.
    Ample Free Parking, Accessibility, central location, kitchen, bathrooms, 1000+ sq. ft.
    We could use some of the rent difference to subsidize parking.
    Parking vouchers have an additional fee. We can reimburse instead, also people would need to park across the street if they don’t want to pay with CC.
    Vote was 10 to 1 in favor.

    —Medicaide expansion handouts – Free Sat – Lacey – 5 minutes
    Also would love to have them bring the Petitions!
    Non-partisan, nice that they asked.
    Voted, All Aye.
    Also will ask if we can set them up at a table and offer voter registration.

    —Set Agenda May 10th mtg – All – 5 minutes
    Committees for the move
    Lots of details to handle.
    Lincoln Unites,
    Earthday recap.

    ——————————————————————–
    Common Root Voting Quorum:
    1 board member
    3 key holding members
    1 other attendee

  • #3307

    commonrootadmin
    Keymaster

    Brief Earth Day update. We talked to many people, gave out all the little calendars we had, sold many buttons, some water bottles and 3 shirts. Net for the money box was $171. Which I think is about the same compared to last year. Being next to Repair Cafe was very handy, they may have improved our foot traffic with their homemade cookies. Special thanks to Weston, Erica and Randy for helping out and making it all happen! The booth stuff is back at CR, the canopy and feet are in my garage. Unless someone wants to set up a transfer time, I’ll just bring them to Give to Lincoln day on Thursday. Are we allowed to sell stuff there? Seems like we did before.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.