2017-08-31-CR Meeting Minutes

Home Forums Meeting Minutes 2017-08-31-CR Meeting Minutes

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Lacey Losh 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #3119

    Lacey Losh
    Participant

    Common Root Meeting – 8/31-2017

    Josslyn, Heather, Mike, Larry, Bob, Erica, Lacey, Andira, Jon & Sari, Chelsea (part-time)

    FFP Vendor Apps –
    Alzheimer’s Assn of NE
    ACLU (sponsorship only)
    Women’s Foundation
    RED Theater Lincoln
    Animal Care Clinic
    First Plymoth
    Vine Church
    FlyDogz
    Intergalactic Unicorn
    KZUM
    O’s Art & Smellis Art
    Kinetic Brew (needs power)
    Sweet Minou
    Link Light Love (check on Food Vendor details, $45 booth fee if so, artist booth fee $20)
    Prairie Rose Studios
    KVC Nebraska
    Mental Health Association of NE
    Community Crops
    The Glove Box Collective
    Hearts United for Animals
    Southern Heights Food Forest (Common Root will sponsor their booth, per their request)
    Hannaya Healing
    ANM Collective

    All Approved!

    Paid vendors/sponsors:
    RED Theater $100
    Lincoln Commission on Human Rights $33
    OMT (not a vendor) $100
    ACLU (not a vendor) $300
    UNP $42
    PFLAG $150

    Lacey went over payment reminders for FFP – they need to go out Sept 5 or 6.

    Pulse Nightclub Lantern art display is happening – Andira will check to find out who will be bringing the luminaries, who will be picking up and cleaning up the display. Sari will borrow 4 table cloths and will will allot 4 tables in the Auld Pavilion to display these. Andira will also check that battery operated tea lights will be coming with the luminaries.

    Lacey goes over Free Saturday tips / google doc. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EE-n44NPm4Y2tqqciN6VA6gZ5Y-81gWCGLO3QWm0rBM/edit?usp=sharing

    BREAK

    Snapchat lesson
    Sari talked with folks about using Snapchat and Geofilters. Special FFP geofilter will be available during the Festival! We all played with Snapchat for a while!

    Sari also discussed having a Common Root Snapchat account. It’s always a good idea to claim your Snapchat name, even if you’re not sure if you want to use it. Folks vote in favor of creating a CR snapchat.

    C Balta of Queerfest says Common Root is welcome to have a table selling merch at Queerfest. He realizes we may not have the volunteer capacity for that, they day before Fall For Pride. No one volunteered at the meeting, but Lacey asked volunteers to let her know if they decide they’d like to pursue this.

    2 Inclusive Pride Flags approved for CR to purchase and hang at FFP, hopefully at or near each stage.

    Next meeting’s agenda so far (Sept 7):

    Finance report (5m) Andira & Lacey FFP
    Trailer Size (5m) Mike
    Table count (5m) Lacey
    Map draft (15m) Lacey
    October calendar draft (2m) Lacey

    CONSIDER (Google.mymaps) for FFP outdoor map this year!

    ————————————————————————————
    Common Root Voting Quorum:
    1-Board Member
    3-Key Holding Members
    1-Other Attendee

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.